Saturday, May 29, 2010

Motoristo fresco or the Red Beauty





I'm on to my next adventure. I have moved out of Gunnison and moved onto the open road. After a couple years of being mired in a Bill and Ted's Wyld Stallyns' (not a typo) dilemma (needing Eddie Van Halen to learn how to play guitar, but needing to know how to play guitar to make a "most triumphant video" in order to get Eddie Van Halen to join the band) I finally purchased a motorcycle figuring I could learn how to ride once I had a bike to ride as opposed to hoping I'd somehow learn how to ride without having the bike first. Yes, I recognize that's a fairly convoluted analogy and a nearly impossible to understand run on sentence. So, I utilized ebay and picked up a 2007 Honda Shadow (pictured with rider). I spent a couple weeks getting comfortable riding a bit around SoCal before heading off on a road trip out to Chicago.


Of course naming the bike is a necessity. Denise recommended Motoristo fresco but for mom it's going to be Red Beauty, sweet reminiscing of my former red Toyota immigrant farmer truck I used to have and still miss.
The first leg of the trip was to make my way from OC out to Vegas to meet a couple good buddies from law school (Dom on right (formerly of LA) and Jeremy in the middle (Chicago)). I was a little nervous taking my first big ride but I made into Vegas safely and to be sure it was good to take off my helmet and relax with my friends.

Vegas was ok (scroll down for Vegas themed music), we wandered around a little bit, grabbed a yummy dinner and watched the Lakers' game (unfortunate game 4 loss to the Suns) before looking for something "uniquely Vegas" to entertain ourselves with. Fortunately, or unfortunately, we stumbled upon Coyote Ugly at New York, New York. Wow. I don't really know what to say. It was definitely entertaining while being bizarre and disconcerting.





So far, very good. Next stop some camping in Zion National Park in Utah...
















1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Denise didn't throw out the "Red Dragon" for the motorcycle name? I'd go with that, but that's just me.....

    ReplyDelete