Monday, December 7, 2009

End of times - Cold part II, outfitting myself for the winter

So today it snowed, and kept snowing. Seriously it is still snowing and it has been going steady for about 8 hours now. I have not experienced something like this and frankly it is freaking me out. I'm not what I would call tough when it comes to cold weather. They were working on the inside rink today so we played pickup hockey on the outdoor rink. It's fine, you stay warm with all the gear on and skating around but I noticed when I was changing to go back home that some of my sweat was freezing into icicles on my beard and hair.

(I didn't have my camera with me, but this is a rough artist rendition). Anyways, the time had come for me to head to the local Walmart and get some gear that I just didn't have at my house in Newport Beach. I spent some dough on long underwear, comfy sweats, an ice scraper, moonshine (just kidding mom) and snow shoes.

I still feel underprepared. I should have picked up a Rambo knife and flares.

(this should work)

I'm thinking I may also need to take down a bear for the coat. I feel like I'm living in the Day After Tomorrow (I would be Jake Gyllenhal's character, adventurous yet reasonable). http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3690267417/ The movie is as bad as the preview would lead you to believe. It's ok Jake, I'm still planning on watching your new movie with Peter Parker and my ex (Natalie Portman).

No comments:

Post a Comment